Building Application Process
Any owner of immovable property situated within the Sovereign Base Areas may apply for a Building Permit to develop their property, subject to having first obtained planning permission to do so.
The person interested in securing a Building Permit, should:
- Complete and submit the relevant Building Application form to the appropriate District Administration Office (Limassol, Larnaca, or Famagusta) or Municipal Office (Ypsonas, Kato Polemidhia, Dherynia).
- Once the application is submitted, the applicant will receive a reference number for it. This number should be used for all correspondence in relation to the application.
- The application will be considered by the appropriate authorities of the Republic of Cyprus and the Sovereign Base Areas and a decision made on whether to approve or reject it.
- The applicant will be notified of the decision on the application by the appropriate authority of the Republic of Cyprus. Building Permits are issued upon payment of calculated fees to the issuing authority.
- An Administrative Review against any decision of the appropriate authority on a Building Permit application, may be submitted to the Minister of Interior of the Republic of Cyprus, through the local District Administration or Municipal Council Office.
- Recourse against the Minister’s decision on an Administrative Review, may be sought at the Administrative Court of the Republic of Cyprus, as provided for by the Streets and Buildings Regulation Law of the Republic, Cap. 96.