Submission of Objections Process
This page sets out the process for submitting a formal objection against the provisions in the new SBA Policy Statement or the planning zones (or both) for consideration by the relevant authorities, in order to inform future corrections or revisions of the planning system. The objections period is open from the 16th May 2022, and closes on the 15th September 2022.
Objections may be submitted by any member of the public (including natural persons, companies, partnerships, organisations, as well as local authorities and government departments).
The person or organisation submitting an objection, does not need to be the property owner or have direct interest in the plot or area to which their objection relates. Multiple objections may be submitted.
Local authorities may only submit one Objection Submission Form, setting out several objections on behalf of their communities, whereas everyone else may submit several Objection Submission Forms, setting out as many objections as they wish in each one.
Objections must be raised within a period of four months from the date the SBA Policy Statement and the accompanying maps take effect. This means that the objection submission period will run from the 16th May 2022, and closes on the 15th September 2022. Late submission of objections will not be possible.
- The person who is interested in submitting an objection, should Create a CY Login profile on the Ariadni Government Gateway Portal (Ariadni), as a citizen or as a company/organisation (the User).
- The User must complete and submit the Objection Submission Form electronically, through the Hippodamus online platform.
Please note that Hippodamus is currently only available in Greek. Non-Greek speakers may seek assistance directly from their local SBA Area Office or the Department of Town Planning and Housing of the Republic of Cyprus.
- Once the objection is submitted, the User will receive a Hippodamus-generated automated reply that the objection has been received, providing a serial number for the objection. This serial number should be used for all correspondence in relation to the specific objection.
- Note that Hippodamus will not allow late objection submissions.
- All objections will be reviewed by the Objections Review Committee and other subject-matter experts as appropriate, after the expiry of the four-month objection submission period.
- Once the Objection Review Process is completed, the User will receive a Hippodamus-generated reply stating the outcome of the objection.
Objection Submission Form
In short, the objection submission system will ask you for:
- Confirmation of development plan to which the objection relates.
- Personal details of the User wishing to submit an objection (some of which will auto-populate from the information provided when creating the User profile on Ariadni).
- Objections against zoning: Details of area/plot(s) to which the objection relates and description of the objection.
- Objections against the provisions of the SBA Policy Statement: Provision to which the objection relates and description of the objection.